Monday, October 25, 2010

The Quest: Finding A PHD

So, I have recently decided to work towards my doctoral degree in Computer Science. This was a decision I made with half an ounce of regret and self loathing. See, I love to learn, yet I hate conventional classrooms, and it's very difficult for me to work on my own in an online college campus.

In the end though, I want to do this because I want...no, I need to prove to myself that I have it in me. It's the basis of this website. Questioning your brain. The title was derived from neural networks and artificial intelligence, but it works for this as well. You can't question anyone else if you are afraid to question yourself. So, from this day forward I have one major goal in mind. This is a goal that my wife has decided to stand beside me towards, and a goal that will lead to me being able to provide better for my son.

In the end, I can't see a downside to it.

Step 1 - Figure out what is required to become a PHD candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment